"The roadshow was again a tremendous success, and the Apex team played a big part in that.”
In March 2016, award-winning contract caterer Elior launched a new format roadshow and exhibition. The purpose of the event was to educate and inform across the different parts of the business, to spark internal communication, to promote employee health and wellbeing, and to align employees with the company’s goals.
The roadshow also used an exhibition element to enable suppliers to connect and promote their products directly to Elior personnel.
Having worked successfully with Elior on a number of events over many years, Apex was trusted to make sure the event ran smoothly and on time.
And, with 25 years’ event management experience under our belt, this is something we do very well.
Finding the right location for this unique roadshow was a challenge that required an extensive search and various site visits. Fortunately, finding the right venue at the right price is second nature to Apex.
But our expertise doesn’t stop there, and, after finding the right location, and dealing with the relevant contract and documentation, we went on to:
- Source and manage the exhibition infrastructure design, supply, build, and breakdown
- Oversee the set-up of the event including AV equipment and room layouts
- Manage the logistics of running of the exhibition, five seminar areas, and the main plenary area for the duration of the event
- Set up and manage all supplier contracts and be the point of contact for suppliers before and during the event
- Set up the contracts and manage the celebrity host (and their representatives) before, during, and after the event
- Manage the venue before, during, and after the event to make sure all elements were executed correctly.
Ultimately, Apex was responsible for the overall event management of the Elior Roadshow, making sure everyone on site was directed and managed so that the event would run smoothly and to time.
The UK's No.1 venue for trade and consumer shows, attracting 2.1 million visitors a year, the NEC, Birmingham was selected for the roadshow.
Delivering an exhibition of over 50 suppliers, a conference (with an additional five themed rotational seminar sessions) for 250 new delegates per day, and a large foyer area with a street-food theme housing various large food huts, the two-day event was a tremendous success.
Each of these elements was facilitated and organised by Apex.
In short, we looked after the detail so that our client could focus on the bigger picture.