The EPMC is a committee-managed event that has been running for over a decade. The only European event solely dedicated to portable and large volume 3D measurement technology, year after year, Apex has helped some of the world’s leading metrology experts to create the premier technical conference of its kind in Europe.
This year, the two-day event took place in central Manchester. The Mercure Piccadilly played host to a conference of 150 delegates, as well as an exhibition filled with industry experts.
Underpinning the event, as always, was the key theme of “process improvement through measurement technology; giving like-minded professionals the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in this thriving and exciting sector.
What we did
The EPMC is a well-known name within the metrology industry, and, as well as making sure it was a success for everyone involved, one of our key challenges was to promote this event and grow awareness and attendance even further. Having organised the EPMC for over ten years, our responsibilities included managing the relevant social media platforms, creating and updating a dedicated event website, and designing and sending e-shots to Apex’s extensive database.
Apex was responsible for the following at the 2015 EPMC event:
- Sourcing a suitable venue; which included sharing our recommendations in a report after conducting site visits to the shortlisted venues
- Taking care of the venue contracts
- Undertaking all aspects of venue management prior, during and after the event
- Creating and managing a dedicated website for the event
- Setting-up of delegate registration system
- Setting up of payment systems
- Organising and facilitating teleconferences
- Promoting the event via social media platforms, and on the event website
- Designing and distributing regular emails to promote the event
- Exhibitor management both prior and during the event
- The production and design of delegate name badges
- Designing and sourcing the production of event collateral, including bags, pads and pens
- Sourcing a facilitator for the duration of the event
- Overseeing the set-up of the event; including AV equipment and room layouts
- Providing a holistic event management service before, during, and after the EPMC; making sure that the project was a resounding success.