A long-standing client, each year leading contract caterer Elior hosts a prestigious awards ceremony and management conference. The Elior Awards for Excellence celebrate the efforts of the company’s highest performing employees and chefs, and acknowledges the company’s achievements over the past 12 months.
Every year, the event takes place at a different location around the UK, and every year, the Apex team researches and sources fantastic venues to play the backdrop to this spectacular event.
This year, Elior opted for a classical theme, with candelabras as centrepieces and deep red mood lighting. One of the largest and flexible venues in the capital, 8 Northumberland Avenue provided the grandeur needed to support the classical theming.
The awards were hosted by Britain’s Got Talent judge, David Walliams.
What we did
- Sourced a suitable venue; which included sharing our recommendations in a report after conducting site visits to the shortlisted venues
- Took care of the venue contracts
- Created event schedules
- Undertook all aspects of venue management prior, during and after the event
- Researched the availability of several celebrity hosts and worked to secure Elior’s first choice of David Walliams
- Set up the contracts and managed the celebrity host and their representatives before, during, and after the awards
- Sourced and managed suppliers
- Provided and managed equipment for all AV and staging requirements
- Set up and managed all supplier contracts and was the point of contact for these suppliers throughout both events
- Sourced a 12-piece string orchestra to play throughout the ceremony
- Oversaw the set-up of the event including AV equipment and room layouts
- Undertook all stage management requirements
- Ultimately, we were responsible for the overall event management of the awards; making sure that the day was a resounding success for our client
- In addition to the ceremony, we also managed the conference aspect of the event – which took place earlier that afternoon – ensuring everything ran smoothly and on time.