Novalac was exhibiting at the SEC in Glasgow. Following the exhibition, they asked Apex to help manage and produce an evening symposium and dinner for 200 guests from all over the world.
Researching and sourcing a fantastic venue, we arranged for the magnificent Stirling Castle to play the backdrop to this spectacular event.
Making sure that the entire event ran effortlessly for our client – and its guests – we also delivered a spectacular Scottish theme to entertain and impress.
What we did
Guests were taken by coach from the SEC to Stirling Castle – a venue that Apex sourced for this event. On arrival, we made sure that they had the opportunity to take photos and selfies of the magnificent castle with its panoramic views.
As they approached the drawbridge, we arranged for them to hear the pipes of a lone piper standing on the battlements above them. The guests then made their way through the castle grounds, to the drinks reception. This was held both inside The Palace Apartments and outside in the sunshine at the Ladies Lookout.
During the drinks reception, guests could choose to go on a guided tour of the castle and grounds, and learn all about the history of the castle and the people who lived there over the years.
After the reception and tours, guests then followed the lone piper to the Chapel Royal where the symposium took place. A 4-course dinner followed this, with guests entertained by a clarsach player in The Great Hall. After dinner, everyone moved to the Courtyard where they were delighted to watch a band of pipers play “Beat the Retreat” before being led by the pipers back to the coaches to return to their hotels.
In particular, Apex was responsible for the following:
- Conducting a venue search and offering various options within a 45-minute drive of the SEC
- Undertaking various site visits at the venue
- Tasting the proposed menu on behalf of the client
- Agreeing how the different elements of the event would work with the client
- All aspects of venue liaison prior, during and after the event
- External catering liaison and contract management
- Entertainment management
- All aspects of coach contracting and management
- Conducting technical site visits to access the AV and access routes and limitations
- Design and print of menus, table plans and other event collateral & signage
- Speaker & presentation management
- Guest management including any special/dietary requirements
- AV, staging & production management.
Stirling Castle at night image copyright © Finlay McWalter