In 2018, businesses are looking at the new and emerging technologies they can exploit to support their marketing strategies. And, in amongst tools like AI, augmented reality and voice-optimised content, live events will be one of the most important trends over the next 12 months.
But it’s not about giving a nod to nostalgia while the big players focus on more modern digital marketing methods. When it comes to the power of live events, this tried and tested marketing channel remains one of the most effective ways to make an impact.
Of course, at Apex, we’ve been creating successful live events for over 30 years. So you would expect us to say that. But you don’t have to take our word for it; there’s a reason why some of the world’s leading brands continue to host show-stopping annual events. Google, Apple, Microsoft and Airbnb all put live events at the centre of their marketing strategies.
The importance of live events
What’s more, according to a recent report, we are seeing “unparalleled growth” in marketing led events. The findings by Bizzabo - one of the world’s fastest growing event tech companies - follow a month-long study into the perspectives of over 400 mid-to senior-level event marketers from across the globe.
Looking at where events are now, and where they are heading, the findings indicate that:
- Live events are the single most effective marketing channel for most organisations
- Approximately two-thirds of marketers say that they will increase the number of live events they host (and their event budget) in 2018
- An increased emphasis on live events has been supported by a new generation of event technologies
- 95% agree that live events provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to form in-person connections in an increasingly digital world
- Over-performing organisations are putting the most investment into live events and are receiving the greatest return from them.
Live events are changing
Of course, this doesn’t mean that event teams can rest on their laurels and do what they have always done. In a world of experimental marketing, today’s live events look very different than they did even a couple of years ago. So, when it comes to creating live events, merely hosting isn’t enough. You also have to reach out to attendees in new and absorbing ways. With businesses everywhere looking to up their game, what can you do to create the type of events people want and will remember?
At Apex we create events that appeal to discerning and demanding audiences. If you'd like our help to help reach your goals and achieve a truly positive experience give us a call today on + 44 (0)1625 429370 to discuss your requirements in more depth. We can provide you with creative ideas based on sound commercial strategy.